Thursday, October 18, 2012

Holy Cow...vomistop works!!

Earlier this week I posted about using Vomistop to increase my milk supply since Marlo was leaving some nasty battle wounds on me from not getting enough of the good stuff.  I was a bit skeptical of vomistop because the lactation consultant said I would notice an increase in my milk production within 24-48 hours.  This seemed a bit soon from a drug with such a ridiculous name.  But, wow, there is a huge difference.  I'm not engorged or anything, but I can tell Marlo is so much more satisfied when she feeds.  Also the first night I took it, I was able to pump about 7ounces at 10 pm.  Usually at this time there is nothing left in me to pump since it's the end of the day and my supply should be at it's daily low. 

And the lacerations are almost completely healed.  It doesn't hurt to nurse anymore. Vomistop rocks!   I'm so glad I motivated to see the LC since we are leaving on Saturday for our week long vacation!  Having sore nipples is no way to start a family vacay!

I'll blog when I get back and post tons of pictures from our trip!  Leaving you with a cute video of my princess...

5 comments:

  1. Kari I used this tea Traditional Medicinals
    Organic Mother'S Milk® Tea and it work like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela - depending on how hard it is to get more Vomistop this tea might be a great option for me!

      Delete
    2. Mother milk tea only worked slightly for me. I really think it was because of all the extra water i was consuming. Excited to try vomistop this go around.

      Delete
  2. lacerations!!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!! I did not need to read this one or the one before:) JK...great info...just a bit painful sounding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What dosage were you taking of the vomistop? I was taking a different brand (motilium) and just changed to Vomistop but I've noticed since changing that my supply has gone down quite a bit. Maybe I need to take more? How many were you taking at a time and how many times a day?

    ReplyDelete