Sunday, December 2, 2012

Post Party Reflection

Last night's holiday party was wonderful!  Joe and I had a blast.  There was a raw bar with fresh lobster tails and champagne being passed around as we walked in the door - my kind of place!  I LOVED seeing all the dresses and shoes and jewelry.  Some women wore long dresses, some went short.  The dresses were diverse, but everyone looked elegant and very put together.  There were plenty of women that got their hair done for the party.  Or there were a lot of women who knew how to do some pretty fancy updos!

Dinner was delicious - scallops, prime rib, stuffed chicken, squash ravioli, tons of veggies - for an event that large (about 600 people), I was really impressed with the food.  I was also impressed by the the opening speech given by the CEO Mohamed El-Erian.  I've always respected Joe's work, but listening to this guy and his colleagues talk about PIMCO really made me proud.  And I appreciated in the CEO's greeting that he acknowledged the spouses and families of PIMCO.  He said it's not easy working at PIMCO and the spouses play a critical role in keeping the PIMCO employee's sane!!

It's also incredible to see someone you love accomplish and live their professional dream.  Joe wanted this job at PIMCO badly.  During the interview process, I remember him telling me that if he didn't get this job, there would never be another opportunity like this.  I thought he was exaggerating a bit, but now after what I know about the company, I get it.  And being at the holiday party just made me really proud of how hard my husband works.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find my camera before we left!! I was so upset about this. The one time I'm all dressed up and I can't take a decent picture!!!??  Arrrggg!! But, Joe took a couple phone pics of me and we got the "prom" style portraits taken at the party. Oh and our photo booth pictures didn't turn out - the photo booth battery went out and we didn't want to stand inline again...so the photos were not happening for the night!

Our portrait - with my hand looking ridiculously long


The new dress and the new shoes!  

An attempt at a close up...sigh

1 comment: