Monday, May 13, 2013

Wipe Yourself

Last week I discovered the most luxurious aspect of cloth diapering - home-made wipes with home-made solution.  I seriously look forward to Marlo's poops because I have a semi-spa like experience cleaning that stuff up - no joke readers. 

So here's the deal.  If you're going to cloth diaper, why not use cloth wipes? Makes sense.  So, upon the recommendation of some friends, I purchased 3 dozen organic bamboo wipes from Ducktail Diaper Co. on Etsy.  They are so soft and wonderful.  And Laura, the shop owner let's you choose your thread color for the wipes - fun!  Then I used my friend's wipes solution recipe.  These wipes smell so delicious - I kid you not, you will want to wipe yourself.  And I'm not only using them for wiping butt, I use them to wipe hands, the kids' faces, my hand - they are wonderful.  And not only do they smell delicious because they are soaked in lavender but I keep them in a wipes warmer so they are warm upon touch - doesn't get much better than this people.

 I will post the wipe recipe and steps for making below:

Wipe Solution
Warm water
Two big scoops of coconut oil (or a half cup of olive)
Squirt of whatever baby soap you use to mix the water/oil combo
Squirt of witch hazel
10-15 drops of lavender
5 drops tea tree
 
Dry Cloth Wipes
 
Witch Hazel, Lavender, & Tea Tree Oil (got everything at Whole Foods)
 
I'm using Olive Oil - the big Costco brand - I guess if I really wanted to dip into the pocket, I'd use organic, but Marlo's butt seems to do just fine with Kirkland
 
Mix ingredients with warm water and soak wipes.
 
 

I roll each wipe up like this so they fit nicely into the wipes warmer and I make sure to squeeze out excess solution - wipes should be just a little moist.
 
(The yellowish color on some the wipes is from the olive oil - completely normal.)
 
 

Line up in wipes warmer
 
 

And heat up for the spa-like experience (this is the Prince Lionheart warmer from Amazon)
 
 
I swear if you try this - you'll love it.  And these don't just have to be for baby - you can remove make-up, moisturize you hands with these - so may uses really.
 
 
Thought I'd share since this makes me happy on a daily basis!



 
 
 

 
 

1 comment: