Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I'm Hired!

Today I had my interview at Rosie Posie Baby at it went great! The owner and I hit it off and she offered me the job by the end of our interview.  I got to talk about what I loved about cloth diapering and had to answer some questions about what would I say if a customer asked me certain questions.  Here were some of the questions: "How do I get my baby to sleep in his crib?"  How would I respond to a customer saying, "I would never cloth diaper."  Or what to say to a parent who doesn't want to baby-wear because they want to raise on independent child.  I felt right at home! Rose, the owner, thinks I will be a great addition to the team and is totally supportive of the reasons I want to work.  I was honest and told her I'm not trying to make money - I just want a few hours for myself doing something I love that is not about my kids or my husband or my house.  As a mother of three, she got it.

So, the schedule is not completely set, but I think I will work a 4-6 hour shift on Thursday and then maybe a 3-4 hour shift every other Saturday.  So at most a 10 hour week and at least a 4 hour week.  And if I can't manage this then I quite - no big deal.  I mean, the idea of quitting when I was teaching was horrific.  If you quit on a school mid-year you destroy the school, you upset families, and put loads of work on your co-workers.  So I try to remind myself that this is a cloth diapering store.  If I can't handle to work 6 or 8 hours a week, I can simply quit.  But I really hope that this will be something I can handle and love doing.  I see myself, in the future, when the kids are all in school, doing something with moms and babies - lactation consulting or maybe breastfeeding advocacy or just something.  Working at Rosie Posie Baby is a great way for me to get just a little bit involved in this world professionally.  And just think, I will have a reason to shower, to look presentable!! This could be life changing in so many ways.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Kar! I love you so much eventhough it's been forever ;-) It makes me so happy to see you happy! xoxox...oh btw, i finally started my blog and whenever I am about post I think; would Kari approve of my grammar? prob not ;-)

    ReplyDelete