Thursday, November 29, 2012

Need your help!

Joe's holiday party is this weekend and I need help on what to wear. It's at a nice hotel in Huntington Beach.  And let me just add that PIMCO is located in Newport Beach and the employees are a classy and rather conservative bunch.  The PIMCO wives wear designer clothes, have designer bags, and I'm sure they are not shy of getting things augmented.  So, that being said, I have none of the above, in my closet, or on my body.  So I borrowed a couple of dresses from my girlfriend Brenda, who has impeccable taste and style.  Here are my two options:

The Red Dres:
Pros: This is a stunning Diane Von Furstenburg.  It is breath taking when on.  It is fun, sexy, and says happy holidays as it is bright red.  It's also quite giving. I could eat a steak dinner and not have to worry about my tummy growing an inch or two.

Cons: I'm 5'11.  This dress shows some leg!! Yikes.  And I never wear red.  Ok, let's face it. I never wear color because I'm a boring house wife!!!


The Black Dress:
Pros:  This is classic.  Black satin.  Shows leg, but not too showy.  I love black. This is my comfort color.

Cons: I literally feel like I'm wearing a sausage link.  This thing is tight. And I mean tight. It's my size, but it's one of those form fitting dresses so I'm sure I'll be passing up on the hors d'oeuvre platters for the evening.  Also, I always wear black.

 


I've pretty much narrowed it down to these two. I have one more choice, but I don't think it compares. I'll post it though.

Lacy black dress: Lace seems to be in right now...since I rarely look at magazines I could be totally wrong here. Comfy and sexy since it has that nude look under the black lace. But I've had this forever. Might be dated.
 
 Please let me know what you think.  I've asked a few friends and I'm getting votes for both. Thought I'd reach out to my readers.

8 comments:

  1. I deal almostly exclusively with the crowd you reference. If you have a nude, closed-toe pump, you should do the red with your hair pulled back in a clean bun. Very little makeup. Elegant - like a long lean ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea about a nude, closed toe pump! And yes, very little make-up! Clean and simple!

      Delete
  2. I like the second one because it looks more like you to me. You are already striking so I like black. You don't need augmentation.. You are young and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! This is tough call! I've never posted on my blog like this before and it's a great way to make an outfit choice. I just wish the decision was more one sided - seems like I have a lot of votes for black and for red! Sigh...

      Delete
  3. Hey Kari!
    Agree with the first comment. Go with the red (it's stunning), but dress down the shoe - something closed toe and conservative. Clean bun or pony tail. Also curious how you would accessorize it...any jewelry in mind? if so, would also keep it clean and simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on doing some shoe shopping tomorrow! I agree - dress down and go conservative. I have thought about jewelry...I tend to wear more gold but have both. Not sure though. My girl friend who let me borrow the dress has a ton of great stuff as well. I guess I need to make the final decision on the dress first!

      Delete
  4. I love the red dress for all the reasons mentioned above. You look amazing in both!

    ReplyDelete